.

January 19, 2009

Samsung Eternity a867 Phone Black


I just recently purchased the Eternity to replace a Sony Ericsson W580i (great phone, not without annoyances though) and so far this has been a very good phone! I was almost going to take it back because it doesn't have some features I wanted, I was going to purchase a Fuze in its place at a couple of hundred bucks more. Here's why:



I wanted a handset that had 802.11b/g, not a deal breaker since I have a Nokia N800 if I want portable web surfing and e-mail, but it would be nice to have a single device that covers that purpose, the Eternity clearly doesn't have Wifi, but it is a 3G capable device and because it's a " dumb " phone, you can stay on AT&T's 15 dollar unlimited MediaNet plan. Which leads me to the other reason why I chose to keep it.



I wanted a handset that could at least let me view MSOffice docs and spreadsheets, PDF's and was capable of being a media device for short trips and times when I don't feel like carrying a seperate device. I was pleasantly surprised to see it has an unadvertised feature. You can view MSOffice docs and PDF's through Access (think NetFront Browser) and they can be viewed landscape or vertical, zoomed, etc... Very nice surprise feature! Makes this " dumb " phone a little better than the iPhone, especially when you factor in the 3.5mm headset jack, the 8gb MicroSDHC and the countless free J2ME apps like Gmail, GoogleMaps, and Opera Mini that you can install for free. Plus, the accelerometer works well, the haptic feedback is great, although the onscreen keyboard can be tricky at times. Overall, there is very little to dislike about this handset. I wish it had a flash on the camera, which is stellar in decent lighting and has some cool features, like a six frame panorama stitch. I also some of the Java apps used the accelerometer. The widgets are a nice touch and I personally like the uncluttered look of the home screen. If you want a solid iPhone alternative, look no further, or just looking for a killer non WinMo phone that does just about everything a normal, non business-centric person would need, check this one out!


1 comments:

aci rasi said...

test

Post a Comment